MIXX AWARD RULES
The IAB MIXX AWARD RULES
All cases must be submited via http://www.submit-iabmixxawards.be/
Ensure you submit all entry materials exactly as they were requested. Any missing material or information can result in disqualification.
The written brief is the most important part of the entry because it frames the business challenge and illustrates the creative approach as well as the effectiveness of the case.
The best briefs explain the competitive environment, the campaign objectives and goals, and any evidence of performance. The briefs should respond to the judging criteria, which defer per Jury. That’s why you can adapt per Jury your case description (limited to 500 words).
Briefs should be clear, concise and free of jargon and exaggeration.
Each Jury analyses the cases of their categories. The judging criteria defer per Jury as explained hereunder.
The Digital Communication Jury
- Best Multi-channel Campaign
Awards the best campaign which used at least three different digital channels (display, video, social, e-mailing, DOOH, …). This campaign can be short term or long term.
- Best Single-channel Campaign
Awards the best single-channel campaign, a campaign that was only using one single channel (social, e-mailing, display, video, DOOH, …). This campaign can be short term or long term.
- Best Content Marketing
Awards the best use of content (written, audio, video…) in a multi-channel campaign or content program. The content has to be used across a minimum of three digital channels (website, social, native, ...). This campaign/program can be short term or long term.
- Best Community Management
Awards the best conversation management approach via social media. Strategy, creative approach and content, but also the feedback on reactions will be judged. Only long term programs (at least 6 months) will be awarded.
- Insight and strategy (33%):
How was the campaign built to reach its objectives, what was the strategy behind the campaign, How effective was your use of media and targeting.
- Creativity (33%):
Judges will consider the relation between a big idea and the digital execution.
- Results / Engagement (33%):
What effect did the campaign have in the market?
The Innovation Jury
- Best use of technology within a campaign
Awards the best use of a new technology within a campaign (virtual reality, 3D, artificial intelligence, blockchain …). The jury will focus on the innovation and creativity, but also on the utility of the technology within the campaign.
- 33% Creative approach
Which was the creative approach chosen in the context of the business challenge? How was this creative approach put in practice? Why was this a winning approach?
- 33% Innovation
How innovative was the output? The Jury focuses on fresh, inspiring and new ways of using technologies, tools, objects, ...
- 33% Campaign Consistency
The Jury wants to know following you why is your campaign effective and consistent.
The Media Jury
- Best Awareness campaign
Awards the best digital campaign with a clear branding strategy. The jury will focus on objectives, strategy and results.
- 33% KPI, objectives
- 33% Media Strategy
- 33% Results (useful score, brand recognition and lift, brand consideration, reach on target…)
- Best performance campaign
Awards the best digital campaign with a clear performance strategy. The jury will focus on objectives, the use of technology and data, and results, but also on the efforts in optimizing the results during the campaign.
- 25% KPI, objectives, strategy
- 25% use of technology and data (programmatic buying, DMP, attribution model…)
- 25% campaign optimization
- 25% results (number of leads, sales, cost per lead, engaged traffic to website...)
The Interface Jury
- Best Interface
Awards the best ergonomy and user experience (UX) of a website (desktop, tablet, mobile, or an app. Creativity, innovation and engagement will be judged.
- 25% Navigation
- 25% Design
- 25% Innovation
- 25% User Experience
Any campaign or case that ran during the qualifying period 1st of September 2017 to 30th of September 2018 in Belgium.
Campaigns or cases that may have been launched before 1st of September 2017, but must have run during the valid period. Submissions cannot be cancelled or withdrawn after 30th September 2018. Creative submissions that are presented via the website must remain active until 1st January 2019.
Every case is presented to the Council for Advertising. If a case is judged by the Jury for Ethical Practice in advertising (JEP Belgium), than the Jury of the MIXX Awards will be advised of this. It is up to the MIXX Jury and a representative of the Belgian Association of Marketing to decide whether to include the case for the final judgment.
Attention: if there is less than 5 cases submitted in a category, the IAB MIXX Awards organisers reserves the right to cancel the entire category.
Deadline to enter the MIXX Awards Belgium: 23rd of September 2018 at 11.59pm. Entrants can submit a campaign in different categories and submit multiple campaigns for each category.
Submissions should reflect work that was carried out predominantly by the submitting agency or advertiser, and the role of collaborating (creative and media) agencies and key individuals should be referenced.
Submissions must include a written campaign brief.
The written brief is limited to 500 words.
- Please make sure all information including campaign name, advertiser, submitting agency and credits is referenced and spelled exactly as it should appear in information for the media, on trophies, in the IAB MIXX Awards Winners’ Gallery, and on printed and multimedia presentation materials for the Awards Gala.
- Work submitted must be original or you must have secured rights to submit it.
- Creative Materials and Briefs: by entering work into the IAB MIXX Awards you automatically grant the Belgian Association of Marketing the right to make copies, reproduce and display the creative materials and briefs for educational and promotional purposes such as but not limited to the website, newsletter, conferences and the Awards Gala.
- We respect that entries may have information deemed confidential by the client. For this reason, you will have the opportunity in the online entry form to indicate whether or not publishing permission is granted for the written briefs section of the entry form.
Entries into the IAB MIXX Awards Belgium is €100 (VAT excluded) per campaign and per category. Belgian Association of Marketing member companies receive a discount of 20% on the entry fee.
The submitting party will receive an invoice which is due to be paid before 25 of September 2018. In case of non or incorrect payment, the submitted case(s) will be disqualified.
Registrations for the Gala Event are not included in this entry fee.
The winners will be revealed during the Awards Ceremony on Wednesday evening the 17th of October 2018 in Tour&Taxis Brussels (after the trade fair Digital First). Register your seats on www.mixxawards.be.
Use of material
By submitting your case, you explicitly grant permission to the Belgian Association of Marketing to use the information and material of your case for events and publications through all possible channels. Confidential information may be labelled as such and this will be taken into account by the Belgian Association of Marketing.
If you have any questions, you can contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org